Import from File
Back to index page
- Click on the Import Standard ribbon button
Import File wizard opens:
- Click to open the Open File Dialog.
- Select the type of the file you want to import:
- Select the file you want to import. It is indicated if the format of the selected file cannot be recognized by the system (red exclamation mark with tooltip).
- You are allowed to enter the file name with path manually into the File to Import field of the Import File form as well. It is indicated if the specified file does not exists (red exclamation mark with tooltip).
- Skip Atom Values: It is possible to import structures from the SD files without the atom numbers by selecting this check-box.
- Specify the destination workbook and worksheet for the import.
- Select an existing workbook from the combo box. The active workbook is selected by default. (Please, note that in Office 2013 it is not possible to import to another workbook, this option is deactivated, only the worksheet can be selected.)
- Select an existing worksheet from the combo box for the import. The active worksheet is selected by default if it is empty but the "New Sheet" is selected by default if the active worksheet contains any data.
- It is also possible to create a new worksheet for the import by typing in a name for the new sheet. It is indicated if the entered sheet name already exists or blank or contains not allowed characters (red exclamation mark with tooltip).
- Rename Target Worksheet: It is possible to rename the target worksheet to the name of the imported file by selecting this check-box. The target worksheet won't be renamed if the name of the imported file contains any invalid characters, which are not allowed in sheet names (e.g.: square brackets) even if the check-box is selected. The default state of the check-box can be specified in the Options form (see the description in Options|General|Worksheet Name topic).
- Data Placement
- It is possible to import structures with their properties to a worksheet, which is not empty. The new structures and data can be appended to the existing ones (Append radio button) or the existing structures and data can be overwritten by the imported ones (Overwrite radio button).
- Start: It is possible to specify a starting cell for the import process. The column and row number can be specified or the active cell can be selected as starting cell.
- Create Header: It is possible to import the structures and their data with or without headers by selecting/unselecting the Create Header check-box. The check-box is selected by default.
- Transpose: It is possible to import the structures and their data into columns instead of rows by selecting the Transpose check-box. The check-box is unselected by default.
Back to index page