Mapping Results to a Worksheet
Back to index page
After connecting to a database and selecting a table on the Database tab, you can specify on the same tab the details of where and how to save the data.
- Data Mapping
- To Workbook and Worksheet: Specify the destination workbook and worksheet for the import. (Please, note that in Office 2013 it is not possible to import to another workbook, this option is deactivated, only the worksheet can be selected.) Select an existing worksheet from the combo box for the import. The active worksheet is selected by default, imported data will be mapped at the end of the sheet. This means the last cell, which has been ever used in the file. It is also possible to create a new worksheet for the import by typing in a name for the new sheet. It is indicated if the entered sheet name already exists or blank or contains not allowed characters (red exclamation mark with tooltip).
- Rename Target Worksheet: It is possible to rename the target worksheet to the name of the selected table by selecting the check-box. The target worksheet won't be renamed if the name of the selected table contains any invalid characters, which are not allowed in sheet names (e.g.: square brackets) even if the check-box is selected. The default state of the check-box can be specified in the Options (see the description in Options|General|Worksheet Name topic).
- Data Placement
If you import structures with their properties to a worksheet, which is not empty, the new structures and data can be appended to the existing ones (Append radio button) or the existing structures and data can be overwritten by the imported ones (Overwrite radio button).
- Start: It is possible to specify a starting cell for the import process. The column and row number can be specified or the active cell can be selected as starting cell.
- Create Header: It is possible to import the structures and their data with or without headers by selecting/unselecting the Create Header check-box. The check-box is selected by default.
- Transpose: It is possible to import the structures and their data into columns instead of rows by selecting the Transpose check-box. The check-box is unselected by default.
Click on the Next button to switch to Query tab, where detailed search criteria can be specified.
The progress and other information are displayed on the Mapping tab.
If the import process has been completed without errors, the Import from Database form closes automatically. The imported structures with their properties are displayed on the specified worksheet. (If no selection has been made results will be placed on a new worksheet.)
Back to index page