Working with Filter Results
Back to index page
- After specifying all options, press OK button to run the filtering process. (The Filter form can be closed by Cancel button without any changes on the worksheet.) After pressing OK the number of hits found during the search is displayed at the left bottom part of the dialog:
- Only those structures remain on the worksheet which fulfill the specified criteria, matching substructures are colored with the specified color (by default with blue). The other rows are hidden from the worksheet. (If the appropriate option is selected in Options/General/R-group decomposition and Filter, the specified query structure is kept on the Filter form until the current filtering is not cleared so it is possible to reopen the Filter form and modify the query structure without drawing it from scratch.) The Filter dialog closes automatically when the filtering process has been finished without errors. The number of hits are displayed in the status bar in the left bottom side of the worksheet for 10 seconds. This information appears again when clicking away and coming back to the sheet, but it is removed when pressing Clear Structure Filter ribbon button.
- You can specify to return non-hits by setting the "Return Non-Hits" option to TRUE.
- In this case the number of non-hits is also displayed in the status bar.
- Hit coloring can be removed from selected structures by using the Remove Hit Coloring function. The Remove Hit Coloring button can be found in the Advanced Ribbon next to the Filter button but not available in the Standard menu set. Please note, that the structures should be selected before pressing the button.
As a result, hits remained only on the worksheet but displayed without hit coloring.
- Click on the Clear Structure Filter button to display the hidden rows with structures again (this is available in Standard menu set). (After this, hit count information is also removed from the sheet.)
- The previously hidden rows are displayed again and the Filter button is enabled.
Back to index page