Selecting Source For Import
Back to index page
The Import from IJC form can be opened by pressing the Import IJC ribbon button in the JChem ribbon.
On the Source tab you can select a source for import and you can specify here some data placement settings.
Source tab of the Import from IJC form
The personal server address you want to use can be entered in the IJCServerSelectorView form or you can select one of the servers previously used from a drop-down list. The IJCServerSelectorView form can be opened by pressing the small Browse icon next to the URL field.
The address has to be specified in the following format: http://<IPaddress of the server>:<port number>
After specifying a valid server address press the Next button to open the Data tree and Import options form where you can select a data tree. Only one data tree can be selected to be imported. You can decide if you want to import all records from the selected data tree or only the current result set retrieved from the database in IJC application.
Data tree and Import options form
After pressing the Finish button on the Data tree and Import options form the address of the selected data tree will be displayed in the URL field of the Source tab.
Source tab of the Import from IJC form with a specified server address
Format Specific Import Options
- Skip Atom Values: It is possible to import structures from the IJC Data Table without the atom numbers by selecting this check-box. The check-box is unselected by default.
To Workbook and Worksheet
- You can specify the destination workbook and worksheet for the import from the corresponding combo box. The active workbook and worksheet is selected by default if they are empty but the New Sheet is selected by default if the active worksheet contains any data. Please, note that in Office 2013 it is not possible to import to another workbook, this option is deactivated, only the worksheet can be selected.
- It is also possible to create a new worksheet for the import by typing in a name for the new sheet. It is indicated if the entered sheet name already exists or blank or contains not allowed characters (red exclamation mark with tooltip).
- Rename Target Worksheet: It is possible to rename the target worksheet to the name of the selected table by selecting the check-box. The target worksheet won't be renamed if the name of the selected table contains any invalid characters, which are not allowed in sheet names (e.g.: square brackets) even if the check-box is selected. The default state of the check-box can be specified in the Options (see the description in Options|General|Worksheet Name topic).
- It is possible to import structures with their properties to a worksheet, which is not empty. The new structures and data can be appended to the existing ones (Append radio button) or the existing structures and data can be overwritten by the imported ones (Overwrite radio button).
- Start: It is possible to specify a starting cell for the import process. The column and row number can be specified or the active cell can be selected as starting cell if the "at current cell" check-box is selected.
- Create Header: It is possible to import the structures and their data with or without headers by selecting/unselecting the Create Header check-box. The check-box is selected by default.
- Transpose: It is possible to import the structures and their data into columns instead of rows by selecting the Transpose check-box. The check-box is unselected by default.
You can change to the next tab by pressing the Next button, change to previous one by pressing the Previous button, but you change between the tabs by clicking on the name of the tabs.
Back to index page