Selecting File for Import
Back to index page
The Import File form can be opened by pressing the From File ribbon button in the JChem ribbon. On the File tab you can select a file for import and you can specify here some data placement settings.
File tab of the Import File form
File to Import
Click the small Browse button next to the File to Import field to open the File Open dialog of the current Office application. The last used folder is remembered by JChem for Office and it is selected by default. Select the type of the file you want to import and select a file which contains structures with additional data and press the Open button. If you want to import a file with Document to Structure, you have to select a document from the drop-down list. It is indicated if the format of the selected file cannot be recognized by the system (red exclamation mark with tooltip). You are allowed to enter the file name with path manually into the File to Import field of the Import File form as well. It is indicated if the specified file does not exists (red exclamation mark with tooltip).
File tab of the Import File form with a selected file
Format Specific Import Options
- Skip Atom Values: It is possible to import structures from the SD files without the atom numbers by selecting this check-box. The check-box is unselected by default.
- Max number of imported structures: The maximum number of structures to be imported in one go can be specified here. You can specify the maximum number of structures to be imported in one go. Values between 1-50 are accepted by the system, the default value is 50.
- Layout of structures: You can specify how to display imported structures in Microsoft Office application. There are two radio buttons for two possibilities.
- One structure per page with properties - Only one structure with its data will be displayed per page/slide in Microsoft Office application.
- Multiple structures in table - Structures with their data will be displayed in tables in Microsoft Office applications. You can specify the number of structures in a table. Values between 2-10 are accepted by the system, the default value is 5.
Map Hit Coloring
- It is possible to apply structure filtering with hit coloring on records displayed on the Rows tab. You can decide here if the hit coloring - applied on the Rows tab - should be kept at mapping records to the document or not. The check-box is selected by default.
Back to index page